Senior Data Analyst II
BlueLabs is a leading provider of analytics services and technology for a variety of industry clients: including government, business, and political campaigns. We help our clients optimize their engagements with individual customers, supporters, and stakeholders to achieve their goals. Simply put: we help our partners do the most good by getting the most from their data.
Today, our team of data analysts, scientists, engineers, and strategists come together from diverse backgrounds to share a passion for using data to solve the world’s greatest social and analytical challenges. We’ve served more than 400 organizations ranging from government agencies, advocacy groups, political campaigns, and businesses. Along the way, we’ve developed some of the most innovative tools available in analytics, media optimization, reporting, and influencer outreach-- serving a diverse set of industries, including the automotive, travel, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, healthcare, media, telecom, and more.
About the team:
The BlueLabs Civic Tech practice revolutionizes the way government agencies use data to reduce the friction between residents and the essential services they use. Our team develops deep expertise within the areas our clients care about most, then builds data programs that create impact at scale. We work closely with internal government innovation groups, and build on the analytics methodology pioneered in e-commerce, advocacy, politics, and consumer finance.
In this position you will:
- Conduct and take ownership of data analysis from disparate data sources to distill human-centered operations and processes into meaningful insights. Your analysis may also help evaluate and improve the effectiveness of large-scale healthcare-related directly addressable outreach campaigns (email, SMS, autodial, etc.)
- Drive data analysis and data management strategies to create systematic methods of measuring performance across complex systems and technical implementations.
- Develop KPIs and metrics that address root problems and develop compelling visualizations to allow clients to easily understand challenges and take a clear action.
- Check, clean and transform incoming data for data pipelines, and help others to do the same.
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, program managers and external stakeholders to troubleshoot problems and proactively create solutions.
- Strive to support team excellence by developing high quality documentation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver accurate products on short deadlines.
We’re not building a team for a day—this is a project for the long haul. More than anything else, we’re looking for people who are excited by our mission, love to create, are honest about what they know, fascinated by what they don’t, and relish the opportunity to work with people who value the same.
What we are seeking:
- Advanced understanding of how to manipulate data using SQL or Python.
- Proficiency in one or more general or statistical programming languages (i.e. Python, Ruby or R) to systematically solve problems, and interest in learning new tools and techniques.
- Proficiency creating and testing repeatable data transformation processes.
- Experience going from insight to impact: using the results of your analysis to tell a story through visualization, presentation, and writing.
- 3+ years of work experience working with structured/unstructured data.
- Experience guiding several analyses from ideation through to final analysis for a client - possibly even driving a change in behavior.
- Ability to extend your expertise to guide more junior analysts to take their work from 80% to done. You may have done this by: quality checking results, adding context, or helping to organize raw analysis into consumable stories and recommendations.
- Experience developing solutions that blend data-driven decision-making with thoughtful understanding of human-centered design/processes.
- Ability to author narrative and data visualizations that were tailored to engage your client at the right level of detail.
- Ability to guide aspects of larger projects that aim to achieve key objectives, using your strong understanding of the organization’s end goal and with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to conduct writing, testing, and implementing algorithmic modeling or machine learning work product to inform strategic decision-making for a client or organization.
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative field or equivalent technical training.
- The ability to successfully attain and maintain a Federal Public Trust background investigation that our government clients require; this includes a requirement that the individual has U.S. Citizenship or U.S. residency for three of the past five years
What recruitment looks like:
We expect to onboard this position in late September 2022. The successful candidate will complete up to three interviews (HR phone call, team/panel interview, and client meeting). During the interview process, you will be asked questions to describe your background and experience relevant to the position. This may include providing examples of projects you worked on, tools or applications you've used, and knowledge you have applied. We often look for explanations of "how or why" so it's helpful to have details ready.
What We Offer:
BlueLabs offers a friendly work environment and competitive benefits package including:
- Premier health insurance plan
- 401K matching
- Unlimited vacation leave
- Paid sick, personal, and volunteer leave
- 13 paid holidays
- 15 weeks paid parental leave
- Professional development stipend & tuition reimbursement
- Macbook Pro laptop & tech accessories
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) stipend for mobile device
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supportive & collaborative culture
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly (within the U.S.)
- Pre-tax transportation options for commuting to our office in Washington, DC
- Lunches and snacks
- And more!
The salary for this position is $85,000 annually. The position will be based in Washington, DC.
At BlueLabs, we celebrate, support and thrive on differences. Not only do they benefit our services, products, and community, but most importantly, they are to the benefit of our team. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, disabilities and any other protected classes are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, BlueLabs is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. BlueLabs endeavors to make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If an applicant believes they require such assistance to complete the application or to participate in an interview, or has any questions or concerns, they should contact the Director, People Operations. BlueLabs participates in E-verify. EEO is the Law (Link to external DOL site)