Community Health Coordinator-Community Health Worker (CHW)
Job Summary: Provide outreach to Bay Aging’s underserved populations through the utilization of public health services that address the unique needs of older adults and clients with disabilities as they strive to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. This position is primarily funded through grant opportunities administered by the Administration for Community Living (ACL). Reports to the Program Manager.
· Work directly with existing residents in Bay Aging apartment communities and Active Lifestyle Centers (ALCs) throughout the 10-county service area.
· Conduct a Needs Assessment Survey of residents, congregates, and Meals on Wheels clients to determine areas of highest need (food insecurity, isolation and depression, chronic illness and related risk factors, transportation) with a special emphasis on outreach to underserved communities.
· Provide outreach and community education for clients virtually, telephonically, and in-person.
· Collaborate with community partners to provide free health and safety related educational programs to residents and congregate clients.
· Collaborate with community partners to provide evidence-based workshops that address chronic disease self-management, falls prevention, and exercise.
· Provide information and arrange transportation to access vaccines (including boosters) or arrange in-home vaccinations in all communities.
· Provide uniform COVID-19 safety signage at all apartment communities, ALCs, and other sites.
· Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to all sites as needed.
· Develop education and awareness materials that are communicated appropriately for clients with a variety of barriers.
Case Management (20%)
· Maintain appropriate records and documentation to ensure reporting requirements are met.
· Input and report all Chronic Disease Self-Management units in Peer Place.
Coordination with Bay Aging Staff (10%)
· Meet regularly with Property Site Coordinators, Resident Service Coordinators, Active Lifestyle Center Managers, and any other pertinent staff to assess public health needs and coordinate services to those most at risk.
All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Rely on extensive on-the-job training and experience to accomplish the work.
Working knowledge of:
· Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Google Programs (e.g., Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive)
· Data entry and evaluation
· Bay Housing programs best practices
· Community resources and human service operations
Maintain strong attention to detail and record keeping ability
Ability to closely follow funding program guidelines
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain trusting professional relationships with community partners
Self-starter and proactive: identify critical needs, set up activities, and prioritize resources
Excellent verbal communication skills virtually and in-person
Excellent written communication skills (letters, memos, reports, emails, text messages, etc.)
Decision making: Handle a variety of tasks autonomously with regular reporting to supervisor and co-workers
Able to adapt to a collaborative work culture
Able to organize and prioritize schedule and duties independently
Office-based position with minimum physical requirements (ability to lift 25 lbs., walking, climbing stairs). Requires regular independent travel around the area served by Bay Aging. Occasional overnight travel to attend trainings and conferences.
30% of the essential functions of the position can be performed remotely with phone and internet connection.
3 to 5 years of experience in affordable housing or human service-related field.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
FLSA Status: This is a non-exempt position.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. From time to time, the supervisor will ask the job holder to perform additional duties related to the completion of the work.
Bay Aging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.
Please visit our website at www.bayaging.org or https://bayaging.ninjagig.com/.Click on the Careers section to view a listing of all open positions. Select the position of interest and the job description will display. Please complete an online application for all positions of interest. All applications are reviewed upon receipt. If you need a hardcopy application mailed to you, please contact us at (804) 758-2386.Thank you for your interest in employment with Bay Aging.