Federal Government Intern (Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program)
Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program
Our nation’s current and future challenges—from health crises like the COVID-19 pandemic, continued economic inequality, and the ongoing need to build a more equitable and just society—make it imperative that government identify, recruit and retain the next generation of public servants.
With just under 7% of the full-time federal workforce under the age of 30, executive branch agencies are working to meet this need, prioritizing the design and implementation of paid internship programs that provide students with valuable work experience, an expanded professional network, and a better understanding of both the importance and impact of public service. These programs help college and graduate students—often facing an uncertain job market—apply their educational training to both short- and long-term federal opportunities and make a difference in society.
Operated by the Partnership for Public Service, the Future Leaders in Public Service Internship Program is recruiting young talent to join the federal workforce in support of two agencies. The program places students with critically needed skills into paid internships and aims to develop a diverse pool of young talent for these agencies.
Selected participants in the program will receive:
- A 10-12 week summer internship with a federal agency.
- $4,000 per student to cover stipend and other expenses.
- Professional development sessions, including an orientation and networking events throughout the summer.
In order to apply to the program, candidates must be:
- U.S. citizens at the time of application submission.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited educational institution in an undergraduate or graduate program. Undergraduates must be current second-year students/sophomores and above.
- Able to demonstrate “superior academic achievement” and have a GPA above 3.0.
- Interested in at least one of the following career tracks:
- Mission support. Ideal for students with backgrounds in finance, human resources and information technology.
- Government contracting and acquisitions. Ideal for students focusing on federal contracting and acquisitions, or pursuing a business degree in subjects like finance.
- STEM and innovation. Ideal for students majoring in the fields of science and health, technology, engineering, math, or interested in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Public policy and administration. Ideal for students interested in public policy and administration.
- Liberal arts. Ideal for students studying communications, arts, humanities and social sciences.
Apply Here: https://ourpublicservice.org/applications/future-leadership-in-public-service-application/