Project management unit associate, country programs, GHSC-PSM
Chemonics seeks a Project Management Unit (PMU) associate to join the Country Programs team in the Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO) in our Arlington, VA location. The PMU associate is primarily responsible for monitoring and completing activities related to supply chain management, project management, and new business objectives in support of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in supply chain and project management to work with experts in their field and make contributions towards GHSC-PSM’s lifesaving work globally. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
- Provide overall project management support for assigned country portfolio
- Lead, under direction of supervisor, procurement and supply chain backstopping project activities
- Manage and conduct recruitment efforts for the assigned country/ies and source candidates for a variety of field positions
- Lead budget monitoring, correct allocation of expenses, level-of-effort utilization, invoices, subcontractors’ costs, expense reports, deliverables, etc., to monitor compliance with contract and Chemonics’ regulations; issue status reports as needed
- Support communication to field teams, within the Portfolio, and across Country Programs project management teams and GHSC-PSM’s prime contract team
- Process field reports, including time and expense reports and other country-related reports
- Coordinate travel, visa processing, travel advancements, vendor payment requests, invoicing, approvals, and update trackers for assigned country/ies
- Draft and manage country-specific employment agreements, approval requests, sub-TOs, and stand-alone subcontracts
- Liaise with GHSC-PSM’s prime contract team on prime contract administration and subcontract-related matters, as appropriate
- Coordinate with country team and project management unit team members to compile agendas for weekly teleconference and other project-related meetings
- Anticipate and address field staff’s inquiries and needs promptly
- Communicate scopes of work, policies, and allowances/benefits for team members and consultants
- Maintain knowledge in own discipline and expand versatility in international development work by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics’ practice networks
- Contribute to technical practice and/or relevant working groups and areas of interest; share information and best practices learned with the program and the company
- Participate on Chemonics proposal teams and mentor others on new business roles
- Coach, mentor, and train staff on Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in supply chain/procurement, or one of our main health areas (HIV/AIDS, malaria, maternal and child health, Zika, family planning and reproductive health) strongly preferred
- USAID contracting backstopping experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4 to 8 weeks per year; experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Able to work on one or more projects and provide support to proposals
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Interest in supply chain and/or global health
- Fluency in English required; secondary language fluency, particularly in French, highly preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=3673 by April 28 , 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.