Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a high-performing Biostatistician to conduct and support data analysis and reporting for the Targeted Agent and Profiling Utilization Registry (TAPUR) Study and other projects within the Center for Research and Analytics (CENTRA) in ASCO in collaboration with the Division Director, Biostatistics and Research Data Governance and the Director of Clinical Research.
What you will do:
- Participates in the development and/or execution of statistical analysis plans and programs to perform analyses and display study data using advanced statistical procedures with statistical software
- Contributes sections of abstracts, posters, reports and manuscripts for publications in leading health, medical and other journals and presentations of results, including writing of sections that require statistical input
- Preparation or transformation of datasets for analysis
- Development and documentation of methods, processes and procedures for statistical analysis and graphical display of data
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives to streamline processes
- Assists in the writing of grants and scientific publications, providing expertise and scientific context regarding statistical techniques to be used
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What you will need in order to be successful in this role:
- Master’s Degree in biostatistics, data science or related field and at least 2 years’ relevant experience in data analysis planning, execution and reporting
- Experience using R for biostatistical analysis and creation of visual data displays
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in working in multi-disciplinary teams of researchers and in projects requiring flexibility to changing needs and priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with timely turnaround of deliverables
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Previous experience supporting protocol-driven clinical research in oncology
- Proven ability to understand medical literature/terminology
- Experience in scientific writing to support publications and presentations
- Proficiency in SAS or SAS certification
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)