Coordinator, Retail Operations Communities
Are you interested in working directly with top executives from the leading retail companies in the country on some of the most vital issues in business today? RILA is the trade association of the top companies in the $5 trillion retail industry, and our Retail Operations team works with member executives in addressing the challenges and innovations that affect millions of people every day.
The Coordinator, Retail Operations Communities is a full-time entry-level non-exempt position that supports the retail executives who participate on RILA’s retail operations committees (including asset protection, supply chain, digital retail, sustainability and responsible sourcing). Responsibilities include the support, facilitation, and execution of conference calls, webinars, in-person committee meetings, and conferences. This position supports the Executive Vice President of Retail Operations & Innovation, the Vice President of Supply Chain, and Senior Director of Sustainability & Innovation.
A successful candidate should have strong organizational skills and be a resourceful team-oriented self-starter capable of executing several tasks simultaneously. Strong interpersonal skills and a track record for attention to detail are essential.
· Provide key support and administrative assistance to the Retail Operations team in connection with their management of Retail Operations-related committees, to include crimes against business, workplace safety, supply chain, digital retail, sustainability, and responsible sourcing.
· Communicate with key retail executives, solution provider partners and other external stakeholders to drive Retail Operations agenda and initiatives.
· Regularly draft and send emails, updates and correspondences for RILA committee members and schedule meetings and conference calls with member companies.
· Assist in producing written communications on activities (e.g. newsletters, issue briefs, committee memoranda, research reports, industry articles, etc.).
· Assist in the development of benchmarking surveys, data analysis and summary reports.
· Assist Retail Operations team in committee coordination and meeting planning/logistics.
· Attend select RILA conferences, committee meetings. and other industry events.
· Follow/monitor retail industry landscape and developments to identify key trends and priority topics.
· Maintaining topic area and committee website content.
· Maintain relevant data in salesforce-based platform including contacts, distribution lists and more.
· Provide general office support including designated time staffing the front desk and answering phones.
· Some travel required (10%).
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Professional demeanor, and comfortable working and communicating with top level executives.
- Strong customer service mentality with a proactive and positive attitude.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication abilities.
- Experience in previous communications driven role (email, phone, etc.) preferred; retail, asset protection, supply chain, and/or sustainability/corporate responsibility a plus.
- Experience working with multiple executives, and handling/prioritizing multiple project areas simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage time well and perform job responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Ability to problem-solve and maintain composure under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Proficiency with standard desktop software including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Four (4) year college degree required.
· Decision-Making/Problem Solving
· Member Focus
· Planning and Organizing/Managing Work
· Quality Orientation
· Administrative support (intermediate)
· Event scheduling & logistics (intermediate)
· Knowledge of Microsoft (intermediate); familiarity with Salesforce/Fonteva a plus
· Knowledge of systems (intermediate)
· Project administration (basic)
The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) is the US trade association for leading retailers. We convene decision-makers, advocate for the industry, and promote operational excellence and innovation. Our aim is bold but simple: to elevate a dynamic industry by transforming the environment in which retailers operate.
RILA is a dynamic, collaborative, team-oriented organization with a fast-paced environment. RILA’s Core Values:
· Integrity – Operate with the highest integrity and respect for each other and the brands we represent
· Service – Delight members with service beyond their expectations
· Change – Learn from experiences, adapt and constantly improve
· Team – Collaborate with one another to achieve more and celebrate wins together
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage (FSA/HSA options available)
- Employer sponsored Life Insurance, STD and LTD Coverage
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Generous paid time off +10 Federal holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Team outings/gatherings
RILA is an equal opportunity employer.