Education and eLearning Project Coordinator Intern ~ Equity & Diversity Internship (Summer 2020)
Equity and Diversity Internship
The QBP Equity and Diversity Internship is comprised of multiple interns working across different areas of the business. Interns have role-specific responsibilities within their dedicated field in addition to group activities and projects. The purpose of the program is to diversify QBP and the cycling industry by encouraging talented students who are members of underrepresented communities and identities and/or students with a demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion to pursue careers in the bicycle industry.
Eligible internship candidates are members of underrepresented communities and identities and/or students with a demonstrated commitment towards advancing issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Dates of internship: June 8-August 14, 2020
Hours: Full-time, Monday through Friday schedule
Education & eLearning Project Coordinator Internship
Why Join Us?
QBP strives to create customer loyalty, sustainability, and growth through effective retailer and supplier education. This internship provides the opportunity to support the ever-growing subject of education and eLearning while learning more about project management within QBP’s Marketing Department.
This internship is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience applying project management methodology and sharpening communication & problem-solving skills in a fun and creative business environment!
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive, and takes pride in their work. This person is resourceful and does not shy away from holding others accountable for meeting project deliverable due dates.
What you will learn:
• Under the supervision of an experienced Project Manager, the intern will learn fundamental skills to support a fast-growing company initiative
• Work closely with the Education department to ensure execution of meaningful projects that have a direct impact on business results
• Gain experience working in a robust project management software
• Learn valuable Project Management skills including:
o Creating project plans
o Identifying and resolving barriers to planning process
o Developing the skill and ability to adjust stakeholder communication to achieve results based on audience
o Ensuring project deliverables are met on time, on budget, and within scope
o Collaborating and communicating with other project teams to ensure alignment and efficiency
o Advancing the effectiveness of managing projects through the capture of lessons learned and best practices
Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
o Pursuing or recently earned a Bachelor’s degree in project management, business, marketing, or other related field of study.
o Solid Microsoft Office skills
o Not required, but preferred: Basic knowledge of a project management software or platform
o Friendly, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
o Extremely organized and detail-oriented
o Adaptable to change
o Ability to work effectively without close supervision
o Excellent interpersonal skills to actively listen and communicate in a way that fosters trust
o Strong balance between an optimistic mindset and a common-sense risk management mindset
o A focus on project success
• Modeling QBP Core Values:
o Act with integrity
o Be a true partner
o Create something special
o Deliver greatness
o Keep the customer first
We are a bicycle company that builds innovative, world-class brands, and distribution bicycle products to over 5,000 bike shops. We are a values-driven company and strive to be an extraordinary business to work for. Here are just a few of the things that make QBP great:
• Company Culture – You won’t find any suits here! QBP has a relaxed and accepting work environment where employees are encouraged to bring their unique selves to the table.
• Employee Perks – Take advantage of free coffee; incentives for biking to work; complimentary fitness classes; and locker rooms with showers, and towel service.
• Environmental Sustainability – We’re always trying to minimize our environmental footprint. Recent efforts include building LEED-certified distribution centers, composting at our offices, and paying to offset carbon emissions from shipping.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check and a drug screen. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check as well.