Philanthropy (Financial Development) in Atlanta
Use your Finance skills in the USA while serving a Global Ministry. Get professional experience and oversight while participating in an international community and learning about what God is doing around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Financial Development intern is responsible for the research and development for new or evolving projects for OM USA. Projects are in the related fields: fundraising, sustainability, corporate development, and finance.
- Donor Research.
- Event Planning and Staffing.
- Assist Development team with fundraising.
- Research and data analysis in CRM software.
- Assisting with donor cultivation.
- Helping Regional Development Directors maximize their visits.
- Attending one international business/exposure trip to an OM field location.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Able to handle security sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work on multiple tasks.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent research and reporting skills.
- Major in Management, Business, Philanthropy/ Development or related field.
- Must be junior or senior in college, minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred.
- All interns must formally accept and abide by OM USA’s Statement of Faith for the duration of the internship
- Spring, Summer and Fall semesters; 1-year options available as well
- Resources and information are available if you are interested in serving in an affiliated OM overseas mission trip as a part of the internship.
- Home-stay with a national is NOT possible
- Apartment housing on the OM USA campus is included in an internship commitment, as well as a monthly stipend for living costs.
Qualifications of on-field supervisor:
- As an intern you will work directly for members of the OM management team, who have experience both in the corporate world in their field, as well as in international nonprofit. You will receive vocational mentoring by senior level OM staff, as well as monthly meetings with OM Vice Presidents.
- Degree Credit available upon the approval of your university/college supervisors.