Embedded Software Engineer
About the Role
Software Engineer tests and documents Safety-Critical software and software for Verification Environments under the guidance of a more senior engineer.
- Perform software engineering functions
- Develop and manage complex software level requirements.
- Analyze project requirements to translate into specifications and programming deliverables.
- Use internal processes to develop software.
- Prepare and/or review documentation for software designs and architectures observing established software development processes and procedures.
- Verify and validate aspects of software designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- May support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
- Verification and validation of safety-critical systems by simulation or test
- Review safety-critical software requirements for general technical issues and against specific criteria
- Perform validation and verification of requirements while ensuring conformance to DO-178C processes
- Write reports, test cases, test procedures
- You should demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Internship experience in the engineering field.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Engineering with a GPA > 3.0
- 0-2 years of related Engineering experience
- US Person Required
- Ability to travel (including outside the U.S.) up to 25%
- Familiar with data bus protocols (1553, ARINC 429, RS232/485, CDN or AFDX).
- Working knowledge of high-order programming languages (C, C++, Ada).
- Familiarity\Experience with DO-178B/C or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. DOORS) and Configuration Management tools.
- Understand configuration management, requirements traceability and related processes
- Comprehensive healthcare plans with HSA match
- PTO, paid holidays and family leave
- Retirement plans - 401K match
- Relocation assistance and potential for sign-on bonus