Senior Engineer (Energy/Sustainability)
Solv is a small business that supports the mission of government and commercial clients by providing sustainable solutions based on sound engineering, science, economic, and management principles. Employees are encouraged to develop a diverse set of skills to better support our clients.
Solv has an immediate need for an experienced Energy Engineer to provide on-site, full-time support to a client in Washington, DC. Candidates with experience in energy portfolio management, facilities management, HVAC projects, and sustainability reporting may be suitable for this role. The Energy Engineer will work with team members to perform a wide variety of job duties, including oversight and assistance with:
- Building heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and other building system improvements;
- Commissioning and re/retro-commissioning projects;
- Sustainable facilities management procedures;
- Energy project request for proposal (RFP)/statement of work (SOW) development, including renewable energy projects, energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs), and utility energy service contracts (UESCs);
- ASHRAE Level I, II, and III energy audits;
- Identification of energy and water conservation measures (ECMs/WCMs);
- Oversight of energy and water efficiency projects (installation and implementation);
- Utility data management, benchmarking, and analysis;
- Calculating greenhouse gas emissions;
- Preparation of energy and sustainability performance reports; and
- Energy awareness, outreach, and training materials.
Responsibilities also include:
- Preparing briefings and presentations to clients and stakeholders;
- Writing energy project narratives, standard operating procedures, and process descriptions;
- Reviewing design drawings; and
- Collaboration with facility management staff, utility personnel, environmental staff, and other stakeholders.
Candidates must be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) with 4 to 7 years of experience in engineering, including management, oversight, and implementation of building improvements. A BS or MS degree in engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, energy management, building systems, civil) or an energy/sustainability-related field is required. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical, technical writing, and verbal communication skills. Related experience with federal government agencies is preferred. A Certified Energy Manager (CEM) accreditation or other relevant certification is preferred.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and be able to pass a background check for a security clearance. EOE M/F/D/V. Please apply on handshake with a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Are you a registered Professional Engineer?