Leadership Program: Environmental Health & Safety - Corporate Social Responsibility
WHO WE ARE
The Stanley Black and Decker Leadership Program (SLP) – EHS-CSR, is a comprehensive competency-based program designed to develop & accelerate the next generation of Stanley Black & Decker leaders. This is a multi-year program offering high-potential, early-career associates the opportunity to complement quality work experiences with exposure to challenging learning and development experiences.
As an EHS-CSR focused program member, you will participate in a cross functional learning curriculum, developed to strengthen your skills and ensure you have the tools to become a results-driven leader, and a key influencer and champion of our Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management System and Corporate Social Responsibility CSR strategy and ambitions. Each rotation will offer EHS-CSR Project Assignments that allow program members to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of the organization. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers within a Purpose driven organization.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE?
The EHS-CSR SLP is a highly selective program; We’re looking for motivated top performers with a proven track record of success. We expect our associates to exhibit leadership potential, to be results-oriented, and to be driven to succeed their long-term career’s in EHS and CSR. We look for talented individuals with a bachelor’s degree in the Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering, or relate fields, who demonstrate:
- Academic Excellence
- Flexibility and Willingness to Relocate.
- A “Can Do” Attitude – The Desire to Go Above and Beyond
- Leadership Qualities and Skills
- A passion for makers and creators, and a passion for creating a more sustainable world.
EHS SLPs HAVE A PASSION FOR:
- Driving world class EHS and CSR performance aligned with the EHS management system plan and CSR 2030 Strategy
- Applying and Driving key EHS and CSR projects in a diverse environment to improve business objectives relating to safety, compliance, environmental footprint reduction, and SBD’s CSR strategy.
- Leading Projects: Plan, Manage, and provide deliverables on projects as assigned
- Building Relationships and becoming a trusted advisor to business groups while ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives
- Facilitating structured training programs to support business transformation
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Gathering and reporting necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally and analyzing data to validate progress against EHS-CSR goals, and to develop corrective actions for gaps.
- Reporting to the Executive Team on project deliverables quarterly
- Identifying opportunities to improve existing arrangements, benchmarked against recognized standards (i.e. ISO 14001, ISO 45000, ISO26001, SA8000), and current leading best practices.
- Gathering data on existing and future EHS and CSR initiatives from operational sites in injury reduction, compliance, and environmental footprint reduction, as well as the 3 strategic CSR Pillars:
- Projects that drive human rights, labor relations, and Fair Operating Practices.
- Projects that create the next generation workforce, integrating with Industry 4.0, driving sustainable packaging and circular economy into product design.
- Projects that drive carbon neutrality, zero waste to landfill, and align with strategic water reduction targets
- Projects that drive employee engagement with EHS committees.
SLP OPERATIONAL ASSIGNMENTS CAN INCLUDE
1. New Britain, Connecticut - Headquarters
2. Cheraw, South Carolina – Manufacturing Plant
3. Fort Mill, South Carolina – Distribution Center
4. Fort Mill, South Carolina – Manufacturing Plant
5. Hampstead, Maryland – Manufacturing Plant
6. Jackson, Tennessee – Manufacturing Plant
7. Kannapolis, North Carolina – Distribution Center
8. New Britain, Connecticut – Manufacturing Plant
9. Greenfield, Indiana – Manufacturing Plant
10. Shelbyville, Kentucky – Manufacturing Plant
11. Rialto, California – Distribution Center
12. Miramar, Florida – Distribution Center
13. Reynosa, Mexico – Manufacturing Plant
14. Allentown, PA - Manufacturing Plant
15. Dallas, TX - Manufacturing Plant
16. Georgetown, OH – Manufacturing Plant
17. Holliston, MA - Manufacturing Plant
18. Columbus, OH – Distribution Center