Staff Civil Engineer (Entry Level) (Annapolis)
ERM is seeking a motivated entry-level Staff Civil Engineer with a focus on Construction Management and Project Controls in addition to site-civil design for our Annapolis, MD office. In this role, you will work closely with other Staff Engineers and Project Managers on the planning, design and implementation of site remediation and facilities engineering environmental projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging assignments for large industrial and global clients. Projects will include the development of construction drawings, technical specifications and contract documents for site-civil, geotechnical and waste management projects involving earthwork, storm water management, utilities, soil and sediment remediation technologies, waste management and land disposal facilities, and construction oversight. The position will additionally have a focus on project controls and management support for significant consulting and construction projects, including scheduling, labor resourcing, and cost estimating. Diverse and broad-based experiences, both in office and field settings, should be anticipated.
· Participate in projects on a global platform, in varying settings that demand new and creative solutions.
· Interact with scientists in the site investigation, risk management, and planning disciplines as integrated teams as well as engineers in design and construction.
· Work cohesively within project teams worldwide as well as independently to achieve rapid advancement in a goal-oriented firm and group.
· Participate in a “center-of-excellence” engineering team to formulate creative designs and oversee implementation.
· Conduct field investigations, construction oversight and quality assurance activities and provide field exploration support as needed for design parameter development, and during construction for oversight and Construction Quality Assurance purposes.
· Evaluate field data; perform calculations; prepare engineering reports, cost estimates, and comprehensive schedules; and develop progress-tracking reports.
· B.S. / M.S. in Civil Engineering preferred, with a focus on project and construction management and project controls for geotechnical, site-civil or structural applications
· Recent graduate to 2 years of relevant experience
· Experience with Microsoft Project, Primavera, and other project scheduling, cost estimation and resource management tools preferred; AutoCAD and construction management experience a plus
· Excellent verbal, writing, and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD/GIS).
· Ability and willingness to travel.
· Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!