Architectural Engineer Intern
Bechtel has a long tradition of technical and engineering excellence in supporting multiple industries. Bechtel's internship program was created to cultivate real-life industry interest based on hands-on experience. Many new university graduate hires began their careers at Bechtel as a student intern.
Architectural interns work within the Civil, Structural, and Architectural (CSA) Engineering department and work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide support to CSA aspects of our projects. This includes architecture of industrial facilities, power plants, or commercial facilities.
The total number of hires and start dates are subject to workload and business conditions. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
Architectural interns may be responsible for:
- preparing and reviewing drawings and specifications
- contributing to the design process by utilizing software platforms including Revit, Adobe Creativ Suite, AutoCAD, or Sketchup
- demonstrating awareness of the implications of building codes and project requirements
- working collaboratively in a cross-discipline environment to produce integrated project documents
- attending project team meetings
- assisting in product research
- providing construction support as it relates to architectural design activities
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Architecture or Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Architecture program at an accredited college or university
- Completed at least one year of undergraduate studies
- Display strong communication skills, comfortable working both independently and in a team environment on a variety of tasks
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without visa sponsorship, now or in the future
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Architecture program at an accredited college or university
- Previous co-op or internship experience
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills