New Graduate- Academy- Solutions Engineer, End User Computing
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) focuses on all technical aspects of End-User Computing (EUC) opportunities within VMware accounts. You will play a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions. You will be responsible for discovery of customer needs, architecting and proving out VMware solutions to meet them, and prescribing implementation roadmaps for long term success. The EUC SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Available to start July 2020
- Completing Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Windows environment, distribution technology, and end-user tools in an enterprise desktop environment or equivalent desktop experience
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP services, routing and remote protocols (VPN, WAN Optimization, Remote Logon)
- Understanding of desktop and server operating systems software, performance and debugging tools and scripting and automation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be flexible, dependable, and capable and desirous of multi-tasking and quickly learn new products and technologies
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of end point security, remediation, and imaging
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems; IOS and Android
- Knowledge of server based virtualization an advantage
- Server and Endpoint Security experience (Symantec, McAfee, Checkpoint, Tanium, etc)
Find out more:
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.