DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE INTERN
This summer intern position is located in the office of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) within the U.S. Embassy in Rabat, Morocco. MCC is a U.S. Government Agency whose mission is to provide assistance to support economic growth and poverty reduction in developing countries that demonstrate a commitment to just and democratic governance, economic freedom, and investments in people. In November 2015, MCC and the Government of Morocco signed a $450 million Compact agreement, focused on Education and Training for Employability and Land Productivity. The Government of Morocco is contributing an additional $67.5 million in furtherance of the Compact. The Compact seeks to address key constraints in the Moroccan economy by improving the quality of education and increasing access to land. For more information on the Compact, please visit www.mcc.gov and https://www.mcamorocco.ma/fr.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The summer intern will assist with the MCC Compact as a member of the Resident Country Mission (RCM) in Rabat, reporting to the Deputy Resident Country Director. As part of the official USG team in Rabat, the intern will be expected to adhere to guidance and restrictions applicable to all USG personnel serving at post. The intern will work with MCC and Millennium Challenge Account–Morocco (MCA-Morocco), the Moroccan government’s implementing agency for the Compact, with the support of other U.S. Embassy personnel, to conduct analysis of project impacts and interventions, prepare presentations and communications materials for MCC projects, analyze projects to ensure sustainability of compact programs, and provide project management support in overseeing compact activities in country, including a girls science camp that MCC and MCA-Morocco will be hosting in country in summer 2020.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• As needed, conduct analysis of compact programming and create content for MCC team including powerpoints and external communications materials, in French and English
• Work with MCC team to start to prepare for compact closure in 2022 including conducting analysis to ensure sustainability of compact projects 2
• Work with MCA-Morocco and MCC country team to successfully implement girls science camp that will take place in summer 2020 in Morocco
• Provide other assistance to the RCM as needed.
The intern will prepare both a mid-term and a final presentation for the RCM and MCA-Morocco on the internship experience and recommendations for a strategy for opportunities to leverage the compact. The final deliverable will depend greatly on the intern’s ability to leverage both personal and professional skills with MCC, the RCM, and MCA-Morocco
• Experience working or studying in an international context
• Strong analytical and writing skills, and experience in project management desired
• Proficiency in English and French (reading, writing, speaking); Arabic desired
• Ability to work well with and coordinate diverse teams
• Strong communications skills and demonstrated tact and diplomacy
INTERNSHIP LOGISTICS The internship should be a minimum of ten weeks between June and August, 2020 (exact dates to be agreed upon by intern and RCM). The intern is expected to be in Rabat for the duration of the internship.
Please note that this is an unpaid position. Any costs incurred for official project travel in country will be covered by MCC.
HOW TO APPLY
You must be a U.S. citizen in order to apply. Upon selection, you will be required to submit to a security background investigation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter stipulating your experience, area of study, and general interest information about the country for which you are applying to Dan Callahan firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission is Friday, October 11, 2019.