Mechanical Engineer - Entry-Level
RE Tech Advisors is currently seeking a highly-motivated entry-level Mechanical Engineer to support our growing organization. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your passion for sustainability and energy efficiency to support national clients in the investor-owned real estate industry. This position is located in our Shoreview, MN office.
Clients we support have portfolios that include large office towers, hotels and resorts, large multifamily housing sites, retail facilities, and lab facilities located in the United States and internationally. The successful candidate will work closely with other RE Tech engineers to identify, recommend, and assist clients in implementing cost-effective energy efficiency and sustainability measures as well as operational practices. This is a great opportunity for candidates who want to expand their career in energy efficiency and sustainability.
RE Tech offers comprehensive benefits; a flexible work environment; and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing organization.
RE Tech Advisors is a woman-owned business based out of Falls Church, VA. Our seasoned professionals have decades of experience improving the operational and financial performance of buildings and real estate portfolios. We provide expertise in commercial real estate including office, multi-family, hospitality, health care, retail and industrial properties and the associations and governments that serve them.
If you are passionate about energy efficiency in commercial real estate, improving operational performance of buildings, enhancing financial performance or using data analytics to drive results, then RE Tech Advisors is the right next step in your career. By joining the team at RE Tech Advisors you will work closely with industry leaders who are driving national and global trends – our clients are at the cutting edge, which is exactly where you want to be to realize your own personal growth objectives.
RE Tech Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/w/iwd/pv.
In compliance with Federal law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 22.1800, the selected candidate will be required to provide documentation that will verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
This position will support client energy efficiency programs including:
- Learn to identify and calculate savings potential for facility upgrades;
- Perform site visits to key client properties to identify opportunities for energy improvement and train facility staff in improved facility operation;
- Build relationships with property operation and management teams;
- Perform data analysis and data collection related to building systems; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A good candidate will have the following:
- 4-year engineering degree in mechanical engineer, energy systems, or related energy discipline.
- Additional work experience, such as engineering internships or co-ops.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, self-directed environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to effectively generate reports, graphs, and presentations.
- Be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team environment where you are the technical expert.
- Ability to work with a team to ensure on-time and on-budget high-quality deliverables.
- Outgoing and strong communicator, happy to talk to people about engineering topics.
- Strong interest in how things work and why things fail in energy efficiency or sustainability.
- Willingness to learn about building systems.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
A good candidate will be interested in developing the following skills:
- Understanding of building science and a familiarity with different HVAC systems and sequence of operation.
- Good writing, editing, and communication skills to produce well written documents, charts, graphs, presentations, and reports.
- Strong organizational and time management skills that allow for attention to detail and ability to multi-task to ensure on-time and on-budget high-quality deliverables.
- Strong presentation skills to properly communicate technical problems and solutions.
- Willingness to attain a professional engineer (PE) licensure.