Duties & Job Description
Editorial staff with S&S will be responsible for the following:
1. Developing, in concert with contributors, new content for the blog and ensuring that this content meets standards for publication and the editorial guidelines for S&S laid out in the S&S style book. This will include:
a. Working with contributors to refine pitches and define a clear topic to develop into an article (or series).
b. Guiding the development of drafts provided by contributors. This will include copy editing, editing for readability and, where appropriate, subject matter editing.
c. Developing a final draft for approval by the Managing Editor or Editor in Chief and subsequently, publication.
d. Scheduling and developing new pitches from both existing and new contributors.
e. Note: The above means pro-actively engaging with contributors to source and develop content – not only waiting for contributors to pitch ideas.
2. Recruiting and retaining contributors to the site, and managing relationships with assigned contributors.
Editorial staff should have the following skills and qualifications
1. Interest in sustainable development, with some subject-matter knowledge desirable.
2. 1-2 years editorial experience, either in a journalistic, academic, or professional setting
a. Strong writing and editing ability, combined with a strong interview, can substitute for 1-2 years experience.
3. Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
4. Understanding of the online publishing world, and the process of developing content for publication.
For additional details about S&S feel free to visit our webpage, www.senseandsustainability.net, or email us with any questions you may have.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.