Finance Intern Bangladesh
Finance Intern Starting date
Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh Type of contract
Internship Contract duration
6 months Security Risk Level
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 190 million EUR in 2015, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
Position context and key challenges
In response to the emergency situation in Bangladesh, ACTED recruits.
1. Contribute to ACTED Compliance and Accountability
- Provide support to the Finance Officer on controlling the compliance of the ACTED documentation by checking the accuracy, exhaustiveness and consistency of the information contained in these documents in line with ACTED and donors’ procedures for both capital and field expenses (scope to be determined by the CFM/CD); and provide discrepancies’ consolidated reports to the Country Finance Manager.
- Support the Finance Officer in checking partners’ financial transactions and ensure correct allocations to respective budget lines through a check list; upon request, travel to the field and physically conduct a random sample of partners’ vouchers and ensure the financial transactions meet donor requirements
- Suggest update and improvement of ACTED’s procedures in link with the CFM;
- Support to external audits preparation.
2. Control of Monthly Internal Reporting tools
2.1 Accounting (PRATIC) review – between the 10th and the 15th
Check that :
- the financial flows are lettered on a monthly basis in SAGA
- flows cross-countries (including HQ) are well cross-referenced before local salaries payments
- the Monthly InforEuro exchange rate table with the exchange rates entered in SAGA
2.2 Finance TITANIC review – between the 10th and the 15th
- Crosscheck SAGA and Allocation Tables: in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer to correct data in SAGA or Allocation Tables;
- Crosscheck the Allocation Tables and the monthly forecasts in the Budget Follow Ups (BFUs): in case of discrepancies, send a list of corrections to be validated by the CFM for the Finance Officer;
- Crosscheck the consistency of data between SAGA, BFUs, CFU and DFU;
- Crosscheck the Red Cell Game with the physical vouchers received at Country Office Level;
- Crosscheck the Cofounding Follow-Up is in line with the BFUs (including a cofounding section);
- Review the monthly ATROCE: general information, template, projects data, amounts reported and instalments received (both at field and HQ level)
- Fill the TITANIC follow-up
2.3 Cost Control – between the 10th and the 15th
- Detect possible variances on the Monthly Running Cost Follow-Up and inform CFM accordingly (through a memo);
- Upon request of the CFM, conduct market surveys;
- Prepare a monthly Finance Control Report
2.4 HR TITANIC – between the 25th and the 30th
- Cross-check the consistency of the analytical allocation between the Allocation Tables, the Staff Data base and the HR TITANIC.
3. Provide support to the daily tasks:
- Preparation of Budgets
- Draft of Financial Sheets
- Preparation of Financial Reports
- Midyear and Annual Accounting Closure
- Msc in Administration, Business Management or equivalent
- Finance and accounting skills required
- Willingness to undertake serious responsibility and manage stress efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and oral English (or French for francophone countries)
Field Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg, and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
How to Apply
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org under