Environmental & Sustainability Intern (Summer Opportunities)
Do you enjoy applying creative or innovative solutions to technical problems? Are you someone who likes to take a hands-on approach? Oshkosh Corporation is looking for a Summer Sustainability intern to join our team for Summer 2020 opportunities! Interns at Oshkosh benefit from gaining a hands on internship experience, professional development and social networking opportunities that support our People First philosophy and the ability to experience our vehicles first hand. Internships may be located in any of our sites including:
- Oshkosh, WI
- Appleton, WI
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
The Sustainability Intern will assist the Senior Director of Environmental Affairs and Sustainability in implementing a Sustainability program at Oshkosh and preparing to publicly report on this program. Some responsibilities include:
- Benchmarking third party Sustainability programs.
- Participate in Voice of the Customer activities around Sustainability Reporting.
- Collect and organize data from various parts of the company and conduct gap analysis between this data and Global Reporting Initiative requirements.
- Document and standardize information gathering processes.
- Work with Business Segment Environmental Leaders in evaluating environmental metrics data and implementing new Environmental Management Information System
- Upgrade Sustainability and Environmental Sharepoint Sites
- Provide content for Sustainability Webpage.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Student in a Sophomore standing or greater working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a Science related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willing to work full-time during summer.
- Must be a college enrolled student throughout the entire duration of the internship
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
- Strong analytical reasoning or problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in environmental and/ or sustainability activities
- Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.