TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Specialist, Communications
HOURS: Temporary, 40 hours per week September through December (specific timing to be determined)
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks to create a living future that is culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. The Communications intern will support the Communications team in achieving their communications goals over Q4 2019. This is an ideal position for someone who wants to grow in communications in the sustainability movement.
The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, a passion for detail, and excellent communication skills to their mission-driven passion for sustainability. The position will be filled in Seattle, Washington.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Assist in planning, designing, writing and managing institutional and event newsletters.
- Field inbound Communications requests around social media, graphics, and website edits.
- Design and deploy graphics, social media, and other marketing materials for major events and communication campaigns.
- Gather and report weekly organizational metrics.
- Update the ILFI website and Trim Tab blog and edit/proofread collateral when needed.
- Assist with planning and execution of Winter 2019 Trim Tab Magazine.
- Inventory, maintain, and pack/unpack and ship communications and event collateral supplies and materials.
- Assist with logging and maintaining media mentions and inquiries, and other communications support related duties.
- Support media relations work including drafting, editing, distributing press releases and tracking inbound media inquiries.
- Participate in Communication strategy and brainstorm sessions, and be a regular member of team and all-staff meetings.
- Demonstrated interest in both nonprofit Communications as well as the green building/environmental sustainability movement.
- Prior experience with WordPress
- Social media familiarity and comfort: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) and Microsoft Office
- Customer service experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represents voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Communications Intern”
Applications will close on September 8th.