Freelance Graphic Designer
McChrystal Group is an elite advisory services and leadership development firm composed of a diverse mix of professionals from the military, academic, business, and intelligence sectors who specialize in preparing clients for success in a complex environment by transforming organizations into cohesive, adaptable “teams of teams.”
By partnering with leaders who are driven to make change a reality, we enable meaningful and sustainable business performance improvements. Overall, we are distinctively focused on improving our client’s ability to perform their mission – not on doing it for them. To that end, we help shape organizational functionality and culture through a set of principles, proven processes, and leadership behaviors that are sustainable long after we leave. Ultimately, we aim to improve the performance of organizations and develop the men and women who lead them. We act as trusted advisors, partnering with our clients to solve their greatest business challenges.
Our proven track record in execution allows us to accelerate value creation for any type of organization; at McChrystal Group, we place clients at the center of all we do.
McChrystal Group is seeking a creative, driven, and efficient freelance Graphic Designer with experience in developing engaging custom presentations and materials. We are looking for someone who can take direction from spoken or written ideas and convert them seamlessly into high-quality visual stories, images, layouts and other marketing materials. The Graphic Designer will create visual concepts and presentations, using Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, computer software, or by hand, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate our clients.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for supporting members of the McChrystal Group team by ensuring that all materials developed adhere to brand standards/guidelines and are reviewed with the highest attention to detail. This role will require a maximum of twenty hours per week of both remote and in-person work across a three month contract. There is potential for contract extension pending client demand and performance. We are particularly interested in working with current graphic design students as well as recent graduates who exhibit the traits detailed below.
- Design, build, and iterate on presentation decks, proposals, and marketing collateral
- Collect data and feedback from internal senior leaders and client-facing teams and incorporate iterative changes into presentations and materials
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; ensure adequate utilization of time when booked in projects
- Prioritize projects when receiving a high volume of work
- Work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills
- Execute complex and ambiguous edits with minimal direction
- Bring a commitment to collaboration, a solution-based attitude, and the ability to work with people with diverse skills and backgrounds
- In progress or completed Bachelor's degree in a graphic design-related field preferred
- One year of graphic design work experience preferred
- Complete and up-to-date digital portfolio
- Outstanding design skills with ability to edit photos
- Sharp eye for layout design and awareness of design trends
- Demonstrated ability in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with a high degree of flexibility
- Ability to work collaboratively and think creatively with a focus on innovation
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work on concurrent assignments
- Problem solver with the skills to adapt to changing priorities or multiple iterations of work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint and MS Office skills
- Expert knowledge of design software including Keynote, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Must be able to commute and work from headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, when needed