Aware Data Analytics Engineering Intern - Fall 2019
The AWARE Data Analytics Engineering Intern provides technical support to Amtrak’s Engineering Department in analyzing speed, track geometry, and safety data for the AWARE enterprise solution. AWARE is a high-profile safety technology initiative at Amtrak that augments situational awareness and speed compliance of conductors. This role works closely with researchers and engineers to understand the principles of data alignment, convolutional data processing, data management, and enterprise solutions. A successful candidate for this position would have a strong background in MATLAB, Python, Tableau, data structures and algorithms, signal processing, and filter design.
· Python, MATLAB, and Tableau are mandatory
· Strong background in data structures and algorithms
· Familiar with concepts of signal processing, sensor calibration, and implementation of analog and digital filters
· Documentation and structured programming to support sustainable development practice
· Debugging and code-reading skills
· Strong publication record is a plus
· SQL experience is a plus
· Understanding of data warehousing concepts such as data migration and data integration. Some experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS
· Experience in implementing large scale software solutions is a plus
· Demonstrated skill in project planning and collaborating with large groups
· Ability to describe challenges and solutions in both technical and business terms
· Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships at all organizational levels
A current graduate student in a master’s or Ph.D. program is preferred. All fields of engineering and science are welcome to apply.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Philadelphia or DC area.