Industrial Maintenance Technician
Nutrition & Biosciences is a market-leading global business serving customers across the food & beverage, health & biosciences and pharma markets with innovative, healthy and sustainable solutions, spanning a broader portfolio than any of its peers.
DuPont has an opportunity for an Industrial Maintenance Technician in our Madison WI facility. This position is being filled for the night shift initially, the incumbent needs to be flexible to work on different shifts as needed.
THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the proper operation of equipment used in the production process throughout the Madison facilities. This position operates in temperatures ranging from forty degrees (40) to one hundred degrees (+100) Fahrenheit. Conditions may be humid, wet, slippery and dusty.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to all quality systems, including but not limited to ISO 9001 and Food Safety, with an understanding of DuPont’s Quality Policy and Procedures
- Comply with all Company policies, including but not limited to Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Environmental, GMP’s, HAACP, and Attendance
- Maintains and repairs building and building equipment, including but not limited to pumps, motors, boilers, HVAC, refrigeration, packaging equipment and outside fixtures such as roof, doors, steps, and sidewalks
- Conducts routine maintenance checks, installs equipment, diagnoses problems and repairs equipment. These activities may require electrical work, plumbing and welding.
- Performs general and preventive maintenance
- Obtains estimates from vendors and contractors
- Orders parts and supplies; pick up parts using company vehicle
- Maintains accurate written and computer-generated records, completes written work orders, and maintains records of purchase
- Advises staff on routine maintenance of equipment
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
- Responsible for adherence to all quality systems including, ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, and Food Safety with an understanding of DuPont’s Quality Policy and Procedures
- Other functions as required and assigned by management
Your qualification profile:
The following are required:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment and as a team player
- Ability to perform and detect problems in the building and equipment as well as operate and/or utilize tools used in the maintenance process
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using percentages and decimals to utilize the Metric/English system for measurement
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow oral and written procedures and instructions
- Ability to perform the requirements of this position, must be able to perform the essential functions of the job in a safe and efficient manner
The following are required to perform with or without accommodation:
- Lift and/or carry up to 55 lbs.
- Climb ladders and stairs and move throughout the plant
- Wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) including respirator protection
The following are preferred:
- Technical degree and/or additional mechanical training or work experience
- Proven mechanical ability
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!