Electrical Engineering Technician - Solar Products
Solar Electronics Technician
About Stanley Black & Decker
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Stanley Earth is a new brand for purpose-driven product technologies, reflecting the company’s commitment to Innovating with Purpose. Stanley Earth’s first product is NADI, an eco-friendly, low cost solar-powered water pump providing reliable irrigation for agricultural applications. The Stanley Earth team follows an aggressive, entrepreneurial product development process, and moves quickly with a startup mindset within Stanley Black & Decker.
Check out our video on Stanley Earth: https://youtu.be/UOheu7fQsmA
Job Title: Solar Electronics Technician
This role will drive R&D and new product development prototyping as well as reliability testing at our state of the art, purpose-built lab in Timonium, MD. Interacting daily with members of the Electrical, Firmware and Mechanical Engineering teams, this individual will be a key contributor to developing and launching reliable new products. Please apply directly (Req # 64563BR).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Engineers in a fast-paced startup environment to work through technical roadblocks during development of new electronic motors, drives, IoT products and accessories.
- Participate and support the team in prototype fabrication, procurement, documentation, testing and analysis.
- Instrument electronics and motors for testing using oscilloscopes, high voltage probes, thermocouples and current clamps.
- Review and analyze test data, troubleshoot problems and contribute recommendations as a member of a small project team.
- Contribute to the development of new test methods and procedures.
- Build new test fixtures to meet performance and reliability testing needs.
- Balance requirements of multiple parallel new product development programs.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day operations, including workload management and organization.
- Technical AA Degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years electronics technician experience, preferably with high voltage power electronics and/or motors.
- Comfortable in electronics assembly, soldering and rework, preferably with SMT parts as small as 0402.
- Must be able to set, track & meet own deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Skilled in using the tools of the trade, including oscilloscopes, multimeters and power supplies.
- Preferably have experience with National Instruments DAQ’s and LabView software.
- Preferably familiar with PCB layout and BOM management using Altium Designer.
- Skilled at compiling clear, well-written test reports, based on non-standard testing.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.