Innovation Strategy Leader
About Stanley Black & Decker
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Stanley Black & Decker is seeking an Innovation Strategy Leader who will partner across lines of business and innovation groups, to provide actionable strategic analysis and insight. The Innovation Strategy Lead will collaborate with our internal business and innovation leaders to help evaluate market potential and accelerate the commercialization / implementation of ideas. Specifically, the Innovation Strategy Lead will size and segment markets, formulate and align value propositions, evaluate competitive and channel strategy, and much more. Working with stakeholders across Stanley Black and Decker, the Innovation Strategy Lead will be a critical force for innovation and change, providing the quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, and insight to help business leaders make better decisions faster.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop commercializable or implementable concepts that solve internal business problems and external customer problems
- Support innovation teams in commercializing solutions through strategic research, market analysis, and insight
- Develop and socialize innovation thought leadership across enterprise
- Become the go-to asset for strategic segmentation, market sizing, white space analysis, competitive landscaping, trend identification, and other core areas of strategic marketing and innovation strategy
- Perform primary and secondary research, design thinking, critical thinking, and analysis to support innovation teams
- Collaborate to develop actionable business insights from qualitative and quantitative research and data
- Partner with stakeholders to socialize insights and build capability within the businesses.
- MBA or other Master’s (e.g., in business, marketing, or innovation-related competencies) strongly preferred
- 4+ years of business experience with a focus on strategy, ideation, concept development, market analysis, marketing, and innovation strategy
- Expert in Excel data analysis
- Proven qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills
- Strong business acumen to ensure insights are relevant to users and practical
- Skill set including segmentation, sizing, pricing, competitive landscaping, channel analysis, VOC, and many others
- Ability to synthesize/analyze complex and diverse information and to develop and recommend strategies and communicate them clearly
- Strong verbal (English) proficiency, both written and oral
- Proven track record of communicating to senior leadership and motivating/influencing peers
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.