Communications Associate, USAID Local Sustainability Team
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
E3/LS works toward the day when foreign assistance is no longer needed - and empowered local actors lead and sustain their own development. Through funding and technical leadership, E3/LS provides USAID missions and staff with the knowledge, skills, tools, and resources to ensure that development assistance is locally led and advances self-reliance. E3/LS manages several flagship initiatives: Local Works, the Cooperative Development Program (CDP), the Small Project Assistance Program (SPA, in collaboration with Peace Corps), a number of co-created research and development initiatives, and the Locally Led Development Annual Program Statement (APS). The Office also uses its resources to provide communications, research, training, piloting, and other technical services for the benefit of the wider Agency. For more information, visit the Office online.
The Office of Local Sustainability, within USAID’s Bureau for Economic Growth, Education and Environment (E3/LS), is seeking a junior Communications Associate to provide communications, knowledge management, and training support across all of its programming. The incumbent will work on the Capacity, Culture, and Communications Team to support the implementation of the E3/LS Communications, Knowledge Management, and Training (CKMT) strategy.
- Track communications and knowledge management requests and needs across the Office’s teams.
- Oversee E3/LS content on USAID’s knowledge management platform, ProgramNet, in accordance with the CKMT strategy.
- Produce and update marketing collateral for all E3/LS programming, using, for example, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Draft internal communications, such as action memoranda, scheduling proposals, and meeting and event forms - and manage their clearance.
- Draft and manage E3/LS’ social media strategy.
- Manage the E3/LS newsletter distribution list, adding new subscribers and continuing to grow the distribution list.
- Solicit newsletter content from staff on a monthly basis, incorporate it into a template, and disseminate the final product to internal/external audiences.
- Review and coordinate external web updates with the E3/LS webmaster.
- Coordinate translation of key communications materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations, and/or relevant field;
- At least three years of experience in communications, graphic design, and knowledge management;
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop (work samples required);
- Experience working with Constant Contact or similar electronic newsletter platforms;
- Impeccable customer service, attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Exceptional writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize as necessary, meet short deadlines, and approach work with a sense of urgency, follow-through, and flexibility;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and Google G Suite.
- Five (5) years of work experience, at least three years of experience in communications, graphic design, and knowledge management;
- Experience working directly with community-level organizations, whether domestic or international;
- Passion for locally led development: local actors leading their own development;
- Ability to support a geographically and culturally diverse range of stakeholders;
- Some international travel may be required (~10%).
- Ability to obtain Facility Access Clearance
- Sumbission of cover letter strongly encouraged.
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.