Development/Engineering Intern - Fairfax, VA
Are you interested in a summer internship opportunity that could jump-start an exciting career in Information Technology? If so, come explore the possibilities at CGI.
At CGI, our Development/Engineering interns are given the ability to make an impact on a broad range of projects supporting our clients while gaining valuable skills and experience. Students joining CGIs intern program should have a demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
What you’ll need:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college pursuing bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e.: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content)
- A great attitude and hunger for learning
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work within a team environment
- 3.0 GPA is required
- Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you’ll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
- Application Developer and/or Technical Analyst roles
- Create systems design utilizing client requirements
- Applications development and computer programming
- Database maintenance and configuration management
- Software installs, technical testing and reporting
What you’ll gain:
- Involvement in a team oriented atmosphere
- Involvement in the technical components of a client project
- Exposure to business issues and challenges
- Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills
Join our team and experience the commitment at CGI!
CGI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER