Senior Energy Engineer
Solv is a small business that supports the mission of government and commercial clients by providing sustainable solutions based on sound engineering, science, economic, and management principles. Employees are encouraged to develop a diverse set of skills to better support our clients. Solv has an immediate need for a Senior Energy Engineer to provide on-site, full-time support to a client in Washington, DC. The Senior Energy Engineer will work with team members to perform a wide variety of job duties, including oversight and assistance with:
- ASHRAE Level I, II, and III energy audits;
- Commissioning and re/retro-commissioning projects;
- Energy project request for proposal (RFP)/statement of work (SOW) development, including renewable energy projects, energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs), and utility energy service contracts (UESCs);
- Identification of energy and water conservation measures (ECMs/WCMs)
- Oversight of energy and water efficiency projects (installation and implementation);
- Utility data management, benchmarking, and analysis;
- Calculating greenhouse gas emissions;
- Preparation of energy and sustainability performance reports;
- Energy awareness, outreach, and training materials; and
- Sustainable facilities management procedures.
Responsibilities also include:
- Preparing briefings and presentations to clients and stakeholders;
- Writing energy project narratives, standard operating procedures, and process descriptions; and
- Collaboration with facility management staff, utility personnel, environmental staff, and other stakeholders.
Candidates must be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) with 5 to 7 years of experience in engineering, including 5 years of management, oversight, and implementation of ECMs and WCMs. A MS degree in engineering (e.g., mechanical, electrical, energy management, building systems, civil) or a similar energy/sustainability-related field is required. Candidates must demonstrate strong analytical, technical writing, and verbal communication skills. Related experience with federal government agencies is preferred.
A Certified Energy Manager (CEM) accreditation or other relevant certification is required. Other relevant certifications include Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), Certified Building Commissioning Professional (CBCP), Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP), Certified Building Energy Simulation Analyst (BESA), and a DOE-Approved ESPC/UESC Project Facilitator. Ideal candidates will also possess energy modeling experience (e.g., REM/Rate, Trane TRACE, EnergyPlus, eQUEST, Beopt, OpenStudio).
Candidates must be U.S. citizens and be able to pass a background check for a security clearance. EOE M/F/D/V. Please apply in handshake and include a resume and cover letter describing your experience and interest in the position.