Luke's Lobster in Penn Quarter seeking Team Members
Luke’s Lobster –- Penn Quarter is looking for help!
Luke’s is a Maine-inspired fast-casual lobster shack, known for its seafood rolls and commitment to sustainable ingredients. We are currently hiring Teammates for our Penn Quarter Shack. We are a founder-driven organization with a fun, supportive atmosphere, but we take our food and guest service seriously.
Teammate duties include
· Preparing and serving a simple, seafood-centric menu (there’s no cooking but some minor food prep)
· Engaged guest interaction and frequent table-touches
· Taking orders, recommending products, and creative merchandising at the register
· Opening and closing duties including cleaning (sweeping, mopping, light dishes, setting up for AM/PM shift)
· Exceptional attention to cleanliness and organization
· Communicating Luke's mission of serving sustainable, traceable seafood
You will love this Position if you...
· Care about working for an ethical, environmentally focused company (we’re a certified B-Corp!)
o Check it out here: https://www.bcorporation.net/community/lukes-lobster
· Appreciate quality over quantity
· Enjoy working with a small, close-knit, diverse team
· Recognize the potential impact of a positive hospitality experience
· Thrive in a fast-paced but supportive, collaborative environment
· Welcome open communication facilitated by 360 degree performance reviews twice a year
Compensation & and Benefits
· Competitive pay
· Tips paid out in cash each night (except for cashless locations)
· Flexible scheduling
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time (30+ hours/week average) employees after 1 year
· Low-asset fee 401k retirement plan with 50% company match (up to $1,500 annually) after 1 year (part-time or full-time / no vesting)
· Casual dress code (tattoos, colored hair, etc. ok by us!)
· Monthly company-sponsored “socials” to mingle with the team outside of work
· Opportunities for growth from Shift Leader (food handlers required) up to Management
Follow the link provided. Applications that include the following will be given priority vs. resumes alone.
· A brief introduction – what makes you, you?
· Why you’re a great complement for our growing crew
The Luke's Lobster Story
Luke’s Lobster was born out of the dream of Maine native and third-generation lobsterman Luke Holden to bring the quality, affordable lobster rolls of his youth to the big city. After meeting business partner Ben Conniff on Craigslist, the two twenty-somethings opened their first lobster shack in a 250 square foot space in NYC’s East Village in October 2009. Nearly a decade later Luke’s Lobster shacks can be found in ten states across the U.S., and in Japan and Taiwan.
As part of its mission to serve the best tasting seafood, sourced responsibly, Luke’s Lobster also built a state-of-the-art seafood facility in Saco, Maine, that allows the company to not only buy lobsters directly from fishermen at the dock but immediately steam, pick, and send them to its shacks to ensure perfect flavor and texture with every bite and transparent sourcing detail for its guests. It’s now the only company in America that’s both MSC and SQF Level III Certified. In 2018, Luke & Ben furthered their growing seafood company’s commitment to sustainability and socially conscious business practices by becoming a certified B Corporation®, reflecting Luke’s Lobster’s deep devotion to each of its communities, its family of teammates, and the environment. Please visit www.lukeslobster.com for more information.
Luke's Lobster provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any status, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Luke's Lobster complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Luke's Lobster expressly prohibits all forms of workplace harassment. Improper interference with the ability of Luke's Lobster employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Essential job functions include standing for sustained periods of time, lifting objects from lower to higher positions, ascending or descending stairs or ladders, and bending, crouching, and reaching to low and high places. Luke's Lobster is a participant of E-Verify.