Boston Plan for Excellence is an education organization operating a PreK-12 pathway of neighborhood based Teaching Academies -- schools that provide a world class education for all students while preparing outstanding new teachers for successful, sustainable careers as urban educators. We run two Teaching Academies in the Dudley neighborhood of Roxbury: Dudley Street Neighborhood Charter School and Dearborn STEM Academy. Through Boston Teacher Residency, a nationally recognized and replicated clinical model for training teachers, we prepare aspiring educators for the Boston Public Schools, and run a city-wide network of teacher support.
The short- and long-term success of BPE is dependent on the quality of people we recruit, hire and bring into the organization. We are seeking a Talent Associate to play a key role on the Talent Team in this vitally important work of bringing in the best people for Boston Teacher Residency (BTR), Dudley Promise Corps (DPC), BPE Teaching Academies and BPE’s core staff. The ideal Talent Associate is a dynamic self-starter who has experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders, project management, and maintaining sustainable systems and structures. Serving as a front line contact person for applicants, the Talent Associate will exhibit a communication style that is clear and responsive. It is important that the Talent Associate is technically savvy and adept at multitasking, event planning and execution, and managing multiple processes with the customer viewpoint in mind. The Talent Associate reports to the Talent Manager.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Present a welcoming "face" to applicants by providing clear, timely and consistent information as well as conveying a passion for the mission of BPE
- Manage online platforms (including WebATS, Campus Management Radius, and external job posting sites, e.g. Handshake), including creation and management of online applications for each admissions season
- Coordinate with team to set Admissions calendars and BTR and DPC application and invitation targets
- Coordinate BTR and DPC application processing—from submission and completion to distributing applications to Selection Committees
- Lead the planning, implementation and follow up of BTR and DPC Selection Days (full-day and half-day selection events involving the up to 40 candidates plus Selection Committees) and builds relationships with school contacts
- Ensure candidates have timely and accurate information when applying to BTR, DPC and Teaching Academies and serves as the main point of contact in hiring/admissions process
- Coordinate scheduling for the Talent team, with a focus on scheduling school interviews (coordinating with school hiring committees and candidates)
- Ensure efficient handoff of program participant information to the Senior Associate, Operations and HR, including participant demographic and contact information and approved BTR Book Fee waivers
- Maintain systems and processes for the hiring and admissions work of BPE, BTR, DPC and Teaching Academies (online and paper-based)
- Successful experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- Outstanding organization and detail orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with ability and eagerness to learn other online technical platforms used for admissions purposes
- Experience planning and executing events and working with external partners
- Comfort/experience working with diverse constituencies
- Proficient in collecting and cleaning data [via Excel, surveys, etc.] to support team in evidence-based decision-making. Experience in online databases and/or admissions platforms [e.g. Salesforce, Campus Management Radius, WebATS] a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, including group health, dental and life insurance, retirement plan, and vacation allowance.
- May be required to travel to various schools and meeting sites
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs
Please visit www.bpe.org/bpe/careers to submit an application for consideration.
BPE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.