Training and Capacity Building Intern
The FLA is seeking an Intern that will support the Capacity Building and Stakeholder Services department with the creation and implementation of resources, guidance, tools, and trainings that assist apparel companies advance their social compliance programs. Reporting to the Training and Capacity Building Manager, the Intern will work on a wide range of tasks and projects that include desk-based research, data analysis, e-Learning program management, event planning & logistics, program communications, and other programmatic support. This is a paid internship.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with content development for webinars and trainings;
- Write, edit, and proofread training materials and external communications;
- Coordinate and prepare training materials and handouts;
- Analyze quarterly data results (strong use of Excel) and produce reports;
- Manage and respond to inquiries from affiliates;
- Research and collect disparate, hard to find information from multiple sources;
- Synthesize collected data into cohesive and concise deliverables;
- Plan, research, and procure event logistics and vendors;
- Support with internal operational projects;
- Organize and structure capacity building materials; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Graduate student with prior experience in consulting, training, sustainability, supply chain, sourcing and/or background in capacity building. Undergraduate students considered.
- Interest in mission driven impact, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Strong knowledge of MS Office with an emphasis in Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to take initiative and consistently meet deadlines.
- Diplomatic capacity and desire to work with peers across the organization—both domestically and internationally.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to exercise careful judgment.