Working with us, you will:
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm, security, audio/visual and telecommunications systems.
- Independently provide the full range of electrical engineering services on small to medium-sized projects.
- Revise, review, and coordinate construction documents.
- Mentor and train junior level staff.
- Develop solutions to challenging electrical power distribution and lighting systems with integrated architecture and engineering project design teams.
- Contribute to SmithGroup sustainable design initiatives by using a variety of software to perform electrical loads, short circuit analysis, generator loads and lighting calculations.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working as an electrical engineer designing electrical power distribution and lighting systems for new and renovated healthcare, research lab, higher ed, and other critical building types.
- LEED AP and Engineering-in-Training certification preferred, and in progress of obtaining PE license.
- Proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD and Microsoft Office required.