After School Youth Development Internship
After School Youth Program Provider Internship
Join our youth development team today and create meaningful and lasting experiences for our children. We are looking for energetic, creative, caring individuals to intern at one of our 50 after school enrichment program sites for one semester (approximately 12 weeks).
We are a non-profit that provides a wide range of holistic programming to youth in underserved communities in various locations within DC, PG County, Montgomery County, Howard County and Baltimore City communities. We welcome individuals with backgrounds and expertise in: VISUAL ART, MUSIC, SPORTS and REC, YOGA, MINDFULNESS, HEALTHY COOKING, STEM, SERVICE LEARNING and ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY.
Description & Essential Functions:
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Promote and stimulate activity participation; provide positive mentoring, guidance and role modeling to campers.
- Contribute to the lesson plan by: planning, organizing and implementing activities.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons and be active citizens.
- Assist young people to express and realize their goals.
- Positively represent So What Else Inc.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team.
- High energy, patience and flexibility.
- Passion for working with children.
- Experience and ability to develop, plan and coordinate youth activities.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Communicate effectively.
- Must be able to attend our trainings (3-6 hours)
- Must pass background check.
- Must have transportation to site(s)
- Must be available after school hours between 3pm and 7pm.