Research Analyst, Sustainable Transportation Practice
Job ID: 2019-1674
Note: this role is for immediate fill in Fall 2019
The Cadmus Group, LLC is seeking a Research Analyst to join the Sustainable Transportation Practice. The Sustainable Transportation Practice supports Cadmus’s clients in streamlining and increasing the efficiency of transportation practices and programs through methods that reduce harmful emissions, save energy, and minimize waste. Our sustainable transportation solutions help reduce fossil fuel dependence and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, protect critical transportation assets, increase safety, and support healthy communities and habitats, while also managing costs across the life cycle. Our team combines economic, scientific, policy, and engineering research and analysis to help clients with projects such as electric vehicle planning, airport sustainability, connected vehicle deployment, transportation infrastructure resiliency, vehicle fleet efficiency, and many others.
We are looking for a motivated and creative junior-level candidate seeking a hands-on introduction to consulting as part of one of the nation’s leading sustainable transportation firms.
- Apply analytical problem-solving skills for data collection and quantitative analysis.
- Research and write high-quality memos, reports, and other deliverables for clients.
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on technical topics to support policy decisions and assess the impacts of policy decisions.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts and synthesize information.
- Support word processing, technical editing, document formatting, meeting planning, and note taking.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for Cadmus project teams.
- Entry-level or up to 2 years of professional experience plus Bachelor’s degree in any of these fields: transportation, urban planning, engineering, economics or other quantitative social science, public policy, or environmental studies. Master’s degree holders also considered.
- Skills in interpreting and analyzing data.
- Experience developing clearly written, concise reports on technical subject matter.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace.
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills.
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Background or interest in sustainable transportation-related topics such as electric vehicles, alternative fuels, environmental justice, land use planning, bike/ped issues, air quality, or green finance, is a plus.
The work location will be Cadmus’s Bethesda, MD office.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran's status, or disability.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com