Sr. Electrical Engineer
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Sr. Electrical Engineer to join the CGH Team.
This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group (PSG). The PSG Planning Team provides program management to sustain the FAA power systems and cable infrastructure to maintain and improve the overall electrical power quality, reliability, and availability to the NAS. The sustainment programs replace and refurbish the FAA NAS electrical power systems that condition, generate, distribute, and regulate power, as well as the components that protect NAS facilities and equipment from lightning and other electromagnetic disturbances.
- Provide engineering consultation for compliance with FAA and industry standards and best practices.
- Provide recommendations for solutions in all phases of the system's lifecycle including: contract, policy, site survey, design and design review, and implementation.
- Be responsible for applying engineering experience theories, best practices, and knowledge to advise on major Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) large-scale programs that transform, modernize and sustain the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Play a lead role in performing multiple, varying, and complex assignments.
- Be responsible for tracking and developing NAS system requirements and documentation.
- Advise on translating requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Prepare and present briefings and recommendations to varied levels of management, and audiences.
- Represent the organization and agency in meetings and discussions with representatives of industry, agency advisory committees, and external customers, if required.
- Provide analysis and recommend resolution for field issues.
- Interpret data including but not limited to inventory, tracking site restoration, tracking installation of system modifications, and tracking resolution of site issues or problems and contribute to reports that focus on maintaining safe, efficient, productive, and cost-effective operation of the NAS.
- Plan, monitor, and conduct special projects, studies, and initiatives as requested.
- Analyze problems, identify significant risk factors, gather and interpret pertinent data, and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions.
Number of Years Experience Required:
- 10+ years relevant professional experience with advanced degree such as Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering or other electrical engineering disciplines.
- 20+ years relevant professional experience with an Electrical Engineering Bachelors degree or other Electrical Engineering discipline.
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or other Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited college with 20+ years relevant professional experience.
- Advanced degree such as Masters, PhD in Electrical Engineering or related Electrical Engineering discipline from an accredited college with 10+ years professional experience.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience with some or all of the following are required: short circuit coordination, arc flash studies, engine generator, UPS, grounding, lightning protection.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills working with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advanced skills working with MIcrosoft Access.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. work visa who has lived in the U.S. for 3 or more years.
- Strong writing skills exhibited through thesis or dissertation papers at academic institutions; white papers, or publications at nationally/internationally recognized technical organizations.
- Strong knowledge of FAA systems, technical policies, standards, cuff records and orders.
- Knowledge and direct work experience in power systems is a must.
- Must understand schedule interdependencies and work breakdown structure relationship to program management.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills necessary to communicate and manage client expectations successfully.
- Ability to work independently and with the team.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, talk, hear and use a computer/keyboard/mouse for several hours on a daily basis. May require crawling, climbing, bending and walking.
- May require lifting of up to 20 pounds.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefit, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.