Water Resources Engineers Needed Nationwide
The Water Business Line of Arcadis is currently searching for entry level Water Resources Engineers to join our offices nationwide.
Primary focus for this Engineer will be planning, design and construction administration for many project opportunities including: water, wastewater, stormwater and water management. Management responsibilities would include working under the direction of the Project Manager or Sr. Engineers to assist in the development of project scopes and budgets, having interaction with clients and assisting with project management activities. Technical responsibilities will include; facilities planning, project design, permitting and construction administration activities as well as developing design reports and construction documents. Projects can involve facilities planning and design for treatment plants, pumping systems, pipelines, green infrastructure and flood protection.
Position includes, but is not limited to:
- Working on water / wastewater / stormwater treatment and conveyance including: planning, process evaluations, detailed design and construction administration.
- This position requires field work to include, for example: conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data for water quality, technology evaluations and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
- Excellent, clear and concise, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills will be needed to work with staff and clients.
- Client facing skills including; preparation of and conducting effective presentations, participation in client meetings and field interaction with clients and subcontractors.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously, as well as strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual must possess the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Will ensure project compliance with all ARCADIS practices and quality and safety standards and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
BS in Civil, Water Resource, Chemical or related academic discipline.
Prior internship or coursework in water resources or related sector.
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Every day, our Environment, Water, and Infrastructure experts apply their strengths and collaborate across disciplines and geographies to create exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Members of the Arcadis Corporate Services teams, apply emerging technologies, foster innovation, and work collaboratively. We create solutions that enable Arcadians to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and achieve our client’s goals. We continuously develop our skills and capabilities with global learning opportunities and workshops. Join us and start improving quality of life for clients and communities across North America today!
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.