Sustainable Capital Advisors (SCA) is a strategy consulting and financial advisory firm that assists public and private sector clients in developing business and financial solutions for the sustainable infrastructure sector. Our core belief is that while our engagements involve a diversity of technologies located in geographies across the globe, the fundamentals of developing successful ventures remain unchanged.
As an active market participant, we survey the entire landscape and deliver solutions that best meet our clients’ needs. SCA is currently working on a variety of exciting projects such as: designing an integrated financing platform for implementing clean energy projects for the affordable housing sector, advising renewable energy developers on the identification of strategic capital sources to support project and corporate development needs, developing long-term business strategies with governmental clients for large sustainable infrastructure projects in Latin America and the Caribbean, and assisting electric utilities with creating an integrated plan for the development of clean energy projects (renewable and energy efficiency) for customers in their respective service territories.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Communication Fellow. This part-time position is located at our office in Washington, DC and will take place starting September 9th and last through the 2019-2020 academic year. During this fellowship, you will be given a series of projects to execute under the supervision of the CEO. Your responsibilities may include the following:
Corporate Organization and Business Development
· Develop and implement a CRM database;
· Support business development efforts through activities such as profiling investors, developers
· and potential off-take counter-parties.
Researching local, national, and international conferences and events for company speaking engagements.
· Gather and organize data related to trends in the sustainable infrastructure sector by technology, geography, and policy; and
· Assisting in the development of client proposals and presentations.
· Research, write, and edit articles and web content on a broad range of energy, environment, and
· policy issues for posting to social media and SCA website;
· Prepare responses to RFPs; and
· Research and drafting marketing materials such as presentations, articles, and white papers.
The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge and interest in the area of clean energy, climate change and sustainability. In addition, a candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s (Rising Jr or Senior) or advanced degree in Communications, Business, or Environmental Studies;
· Mastery of Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc);
· Excellent written, verbal communication, and public presentation skills;
· Experience with graphic design software and website management
· Ability to create an analysis, draw conclusions, and make recommendations;
· Ability to work in a team environment, including virtually with SCA team members located in our New York office;
· Positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, initiative, and an ability to face and innovatively manage issues in a mature and professional manner; and
· Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills.
This is a part-time position. The position is unpaid but provides a $125 weekly stipend; commensurate with experience. The fellow will work directly with senior members of the SCA team on a variety of matters, which will provide a breadth of hands-on experience unlikely to be found elsewhere. SCA seeks to hire, develop and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please do not call, as we will contact you regarding the status of the position. We will be accepting applications and conducting decisions on a rolling basis