Supplier Quality Specialist
ABB is seeking a Supplier Quality Specialist for its Drives Business in Richmond, Virginia location. The Supplier Quality Specialist will be responsible to ensure material availability with lowest total cost and zero material defects at our internal and external customers by implementing systematic world class supply chain quality processes and procedures globally data driven and adaptive ways of working, internal and external collaboration, systematic processes and procedures, Continuous improvement towards zero defects and lean principles, with best resources, skills and competences.
- No data
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deploy and support a Quality Culture within local ABB, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. Supports and maintains the Quality Management System of the local unit. All aspects managed in line with ABB Group/Division/BU guidance.
• Assists in the implementation of effective internal controls to verify that processes will meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validates that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating known risks. Own Incoming Inspection Process navigate purchase order reports to understand what’s to be delivered. Proactively engage with all vendors (internal and external) to conduct pre-inspections prior to the goods shipping to ABB. Developing and executing the Flop Ten process with guidance from the Operations Engineer. Developing processes directly with the external suppliers which will prevent future defects.
• With guidance from the Category Manager and Procurement, develop and support targeted suppliers to achieve ongoing conformity with Customer and ABB requirements and continuous improvement in quality, e.g. reduction of variation and cost or increase of sustainability, service/delivery performance. Monitor and report supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions. Initiate and lead, or support, required Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPE) and secure that the results are shared with the supplier (buyer responsible).
• Complete special quality/quality management projects, as required. Lead Lean Six Sigma projects and engage cross functionally with guidance from the Operations Engineer.
• Utilize ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with Product data and analysis to validate that Products continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Utilize FAI processes to assure effective introduction of new products.
• Utilize the local Quality Management System to provide the local teams with procedures and documentation that sufficiently describe their work activities. Lead the local teams in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness.
• Proactively works with all vendors (internal and external) when processing product returns, requesting credit memos and tracking total cost of quality when issues arise from non-conforming deliveries and following up with suppliers when credit memos are due. Full ownership of the NCM process, utilization of the q pulse system, familiarity of scheduling and financial impacts when coordinating disposition decisions. Communicating with the P&L team when shipments must be put on hold while root cause analysis is conducted at the supplier.
• The role requires close cooperation with category teams, responsible buyers, Quality & Operations, Sustainability/HSE, R&D/Engineering and project tender teams, among others. Represents the “Voice of Supplier” to ABB, e.g. R&D, Engineering, Procurement & Logistics, Quality, and Manufacturing. Represents “Voice of Customer” to supplier. Proactive engagement with Project Controllers when scrap decisions are to be made.
• Based on local ABB organization, size and type of business (Production / project), the role might be split in responsibilities between several individuals/roles. Technical responsibilities (like product qualification/approval) between SQE/SDE and engineering to be defined locally. Responsibility splits with buyers, Category managers and local PL can be decided locally (like for planning and lead SPE or supplier development). Note: project expediting is not part of the scope.
- No data
• Minimum Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business with minimum 2 years experience in operations / quality / ISO / engineering
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
• Preferred to hold certifications such as ASQ, Lean Six Sigma
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel; Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US