ABB is seeking a Quality Specialist for its Richmond, Virginia location. The Quality Specialist will be responsible to deploy and support a Quality Culture within local ABB, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Deploy and support a Quality Culture within local ABB, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. Supports and maintains the Quality Management System of the local unit. All aspects managed in line with ABB Group/Division/BU guidance.
• Assists in the implementation of effective internal controls to verify that processes will meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validates that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating known risks.
• Support Project Management and Sales to support requirements driven by the Voice of the Customer within local teams. Challenges the teams with customer experience feedback and input to decisions. Enable and coaches’ employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view.
• Utilize ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with Product data and analysis to validate that Products continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Utilize APQP / FAI processes to assure effective introduction of new products, as required.
• Utilize the local Quality Management System to provide the local teams with procedures and documentation that sufficiently describe their work activities. Lead the local teams in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness. With guidance from the Operations Engineer, actively seeks out and implements methods to avoid re-occurring defects.
• Performs audits and uses Quality data analytics from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and non-conformances within the local operations, its suppliers and customers. Assists in the application of appropriate corrective and preventive action and manages solutions to closure.
• Provides quality training to local teams enabling them to define and document processes that are efficient and under control.
- No data
• Minimum Associate’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business with minimum 2 years experience in operations / quality / ISO / engineering
• Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
• Preferred to hold certifications such as ASQ, Lean Six Sigma
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel; Demonstrated Problem Solving Skills
Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US