Outreach Coordinator - Sacramento
Represents CSE and programs such as the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) at community events. Responsible for educating and engaging target audiences about the benefits offered through CSE’s programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Represent CSE and their programs while creating engagement opportunities at all approved community events.
· Coordinate needs for event participation, including negotiating booth location and cost with event organizers, contract management, logistics (transporting collateral to/from event locations, and setting up/tearing down displays), and any other needs that may be required.
· Oversee inventory of all outreach materials, monitor supplies (re-ordering and repairing as needed), and organization of those items (quality assurance).
· Research and recommend opportunities and events to participate in (requiring developing an understanding of the landscape of assigned areas to identify where efforts should be focused).
· Uphold CSE and program branding standards with regards to physical presentation, program knowledge and materials to be used at events.
· Recommend and create new outreach tools, handouts and materials as needed to adapt to local markets.
Event Outreach Follow Up
· Ensure effective follow up with contacts made at events.
· Assist in the creation of email templates to be sent to event attendees whose email addresses were collected.
· Create communications that reinforce key outreach messaging and encourages event attendees to take action.
· Increase website traffic and create extended outreach opportunities as a result of proper event follow up communications.
· Address frequently asked questions, local issues, and/or provide other information that was brought up at specific events.
· Track event outreach metrics (i.e. event attendance, volume of collateral distributed, number of quality conversations had) for internal/external reporting purposes.
Car Dealership Outreach
· Lead dealership education efforts through in-person visits and coordination of training sessions
· Identify key accounts and build/maintain relationships with dealerships in assigned territory
· Salesforce account management
· Participate in the development of new, regional partnerships that will assist in meeting program goals.
· Develop Marketing “tool kit” to be used in reaching out to potential partners.
· Assist in maintaining relationships with partners, ensuring they have materials they need to disseminate to their respective audience/customers.
Social Media Assistance
· Create live/on the ground social media posts which are consistent with CSE social media standards.
· Recommend additional social media strategies to promote and enhance event awareness and activity while on site.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Role Specific Responsibilities
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong attention to detail and ability to produce error-free work in a fast-pace environment; accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
· Experience in Office 365; must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Self-motivated and an ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
· Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexibility to work overtime as necessary.
· Outgoing and professional attitude that engages and informs through public interaction.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Spanish language proficiency
· Associate of Arts degree, and/or equivalent experience is required
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, and/or equivalent experience is preferred
· 2 years of professional office experience preferably in Marketing
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
· None required
· Works in an office environment
· Occasional travel to community events, trade shows and other activities away from CSE work location involving evening and/or weekend work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment customarily present in an office environment.
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds in order to transport, set up and take down booth.