Research Analyst Assistant
Supports the Research and Analysis team by organizing data and conducting basic research, analysis and quality reviews.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Depending on the services needed and the skill set of the Research Analyst Assistant, responsibilities may include the following.
· Compile, read, and summarize existing literature to frame research efforts and inform policy.
· Program and test survey questions in online platforms.
· Assemble, manipulate and analyze data.
· Review analyses conducted by other research analysts for quality.
· Document research procedures and help develop SOPs.
· Contribute to written reports describing results.
· Work under the guidance of senior members of the R&A team to achieve objectives.
· Support the development of web-based data visualization and reporting tools.
· Support program staff or senior members of R&A team in developing presentations.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of Excel or R
· Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
· Demonstrated propensity to proactively communicate with teammates and seek feedback on work
· Interest in working with data, research and sustainable energy initiatives
· Basic knowledge of customer service principles and best practices with data entry and documentation.
· Familiarity with one or more of the following:
o Statistics or other quantitative analysis methods
o Data visualization software (e.g., Tableau)
o Survey platforms (e.g., Survey Gizmo)
o Relational database development, maintenance and reporting
o GIS mapping software (e.g., ESRI ArcMap 9+, QGIS)
· Associate’s degree or equivalent coursework in statistics, economics, computer science, social science, environmental science, public policy, engineering or related field. Coursework should show substantial analytical content.
· Additional work experience may be substituted to satisfy the education requirement.
· Bachelors Degree preferred
· 0-1 years of related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
· None required
· Works in an office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment customarily present in an office environment.